A silver headband is an accessory used to wear on the head or around the forehead. It holds the hair in one position and keeps the hair away from the eyes. Some are made up of cloth, plastic, or metal. It is of loop shape with an elastic property. It is a horse-shaped piece of different sizes. It is available in different colors, as to be used as a fashion one or for ulitiary purposes.Read More
- Ancient time:
- Jews period:
In the ancient period, jews wore headbands as usual clothing. They also use turbans as traditional clothing on a special spot.
- Romans period:
These silver headbands were usually originated in the Romans period. Romans wore the headbands mostly on occasional or important events. As they say the headbands as a precious headband at the times. They usually decorate their headbands with silver or gold to look extraordinary.
The Sikhs mostly war turban than Silver Headband as turban are the symbol of loyalty. It is a Sikh religious identity. Even Sikhs after cutting their hair usually wear a turban.
- Early 20th century:
- In the early period, this clothing accessory was so precious. It was known as headache bands, it was the most popular clothing accessory. It was known as a headache because of its tight pressure quality, which could relieve the headache pain.
- In 1910 it was made more beautiful and precious decorated with different buttons and ribbons it was designed more simply.
- In the 1930s it was made with different fabric materials for an elegant look. In addition to this feathers were also introduced on the headbands. This fashionable accessory was highly on demand in that era because of its antique and beautiful feathers.
- Even gems were introduced in it. Precious metals and gems were woven in the silver headband to make it more costly.
- During the 1960s Britain weaved with high-class society usually wore plastic headbands with different buns or hairstyles. At the same time the working women usually the middle class is woven the cloth for tieing the hair just similar to the Silver Headband to protect themselves from rain and dirty while working in the industry.
- In the 1970s many musicians started wearing headbands as a fashionable material. So many hard rocks or singers used it to look more special ad unique in front of the audience.
- In the 1980s a princess wore the emerald and a diamond choker as a headband on an occasion. Later this fashion became so fascinated by the people.
- Advantages of silver headband:
- Headbands can be worn by men or females.
- It is specially designed that you can wear it on any occasion as it will not destroy the fashion taste.
- It can be used on any short hair or long hair, with a thick and tight elastic property.
- It keeps the hair away from the eyes.
- Headbands can be set above the eyebrows or end of the head like a crown.